Pages

▼

TUTORIALS

▼

Sunday, 13 November 2016

Let It Snow with Lavinia Stamps

Novembers challenge over on Lavinia Stamps is Let It Snow.  Well usually that wouldn't be hard to do would it, but I don't have many of Lavinia's Christmas stamps, and the ones I do have don't include snow.....  Anyway, as any crafter will do, I improvised with white embossing powder.
I started by making the hills with a torn strip of paper as a mask and Tumbled Glass Distress Ink and blended it with a shaving brush, I wanted the hills to be very subtle.  Then I added the same colour to the sky, I then used Dusty Concord DI to add the purple, taking it into the blue of the sky a little too.  All the black stamping was done with Versafine. Then I stamped with Versamark and white embossing glitter by WOW and gave it a blast with the heat gun.  I used a Versamark pen to add the snow to the castle, tree and holly leaves and heat embossed with the same white embossing glitter.  I used Glamour dust for the fairy's wings, though it's not showing up on the picture.  Lastly I sponged the Distressed Condord DI around the edges to frame it all.
Thanks for looking xx

No comments:

Post a Comment