My Lovely Followers

Thursday 22 January 2009

Wedding Cake


This is my latest wedding cake. I iced this cake with just 4 weeks notice. A friends sister went to Gretna Green and got married at christsmas, without telling anyone, she's been with her now hubby since school days. She came back, told the family what she'd done and asked her sister if she could sort out a wedding cake for a party at the weekend. Luckily her sister still had 2 fruit cakes she'd made for Christmas cakes. So because they are the same size, I had to arrange them side by side, it's a bit different isn't it. The decoration was left up to me, which doesn't happen very often. I hope they like it.




2 comments:

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Karen, your cakes are amazing! You are multi-talented, i'm very impressed x

TAL said...

Karen very nice.

I think having a solid white wedding cake is always a safe traditional way to go, for anyone who doesn't want their cake to outshine them on their wedding day.

Great job!