My Lovely Followers

Wednesday, 27 January 2016

Happy Birthday to my Daughter!

Today is my Daughter, Becky's 24th birthday, oh it doesn't seem 5 minutes since I had her........
I got my Pan Pastels out for this one, the first time I've actually used them for a card, I've only messed around with them, think I been a bit scared of them...... I don't know why, because they're easier to use than inks!.....lol.  First I used the negative of the moon mask, and sponged on some of the yellow Pastel, then I swapped over and used the positive of the mask and added the rest of the colours, blending them in to each other.  I then removed the mask and blended some pink over it to 'soften' the sun.  Before stamping, I set the Pastels with some cheap hairspray.  Once it had dried I started with the stamping.  I used a mix of stamps from Inkylicious - cat, butterflies and grasses, Lavinia - the stars, and the tree bough is a Stampscape stamp, I added a sprinkling of glitter to the stars to give it that magical feel.  The text border was done on the computer.
Pan Pastel colours I used are -Bright Yell. Green Tint, Bright Yell. Green Shade, Orange Tint, Magenta Tint, Magenta Shade and Phthalo Blue Tint.
Thanks for looking.
xx

3 comments:

Kathyk said...

How fabulous it looks too, well done on getting your PP's out too. Happy Birthday to Becky too.

Kathyk

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Gorgeous card
made with love
congrats to your sweetie
hugs Tamara

Pauline said...

So beautiful! Lovely soft inking on the background.