My Lovely Followers

Sunday 10 April 2016

Love Never Dies

I've not done any of this inky stuff for quite a while.  I started this heart a while ago, and it never got finished.  So this week I got it back out and finally finished it off.  I love looking at mixed media pieces, there's always so much to look at and it's interesting to see what people have used.



It started of as just a plain mdf heart.  I gave it a coat of Gesso, then added all the bits and pieces, there's bits of everything, washers, screws, paper clips, buttons beads, a bottle top, flowers, dominos and of course a coin.  I always add at least one coin when I do this kind of thing.  Once I'd finished adding the bits  I added texture paste through a stencil.  Once it was all dry, out came the ink sprays and I just went for it..... lol.  Lastly I added some Pebeo Dyna paint with a sponge very randomly and finished off with some silver Gilding Wax.  I heat embossed the skull and sentiments with silver and coloured the flowers on the skull with the same Pebeo Dyna paint. (stamps by Sheena Douglass) Now I need to find somewhere in my craft room to hang it!
Thanks for looking.
xx

No comments: