My Lovely Followers

Saturday 18 June 2016

Sheena Stamps & Art Journaling

I've been playing with journaling for a while now, just using a book I already had.  I finally bought one of Dyan Reavely's Art Journals from Crafters Companion, when their new shop opened just 20 minutes drive from me.  It sat on my desktop for a couple of weeks, before I could bring myself you actually use it......lol.  Anyway I've done a few pages in it now and I used stamps by Sheena Douglass for this one.
I made the background by brayering acrylic paints onto the page till I was happy with the result.  Then I got my stamps out and got on with the stamping.  I knew when I bought the circle stamps they would make good flowers, so I stamped onto book pages and cut them out. I kept going back to this page as I just felt it wasn't quite finished, and I needed to decide what wording to use.  I used a white gel pen to add some highlights, jus to make things pop a little.
Thanks for looking.
xx

No comments: