My Lovely Followers

Thursday 5 August 2010

Delightful Challenges - Distressing

A new challenge is up and running over on Delightful challenges and this week we'd like to see some distressing on your work. Today also see's the release of the new August images which the DT got to work with for this one. You can buy and download the new images and much much more HERE
Here's my DT card for this week.I used 2 of the new releases for this card, Princess Shona and the Castle. The images are coloured with ProMarkers and I added some sparkl to it all. The backgroun was distressed with distress inks and I added tiny sequin stars. I also distressed the edges of the backing paper using the Tim Holtz distress tool.A close up of the colouring and glitter.And a side view so you can see the dimension.

11 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Karen,
This is a beautiful card. I love the colours and the image is great as a foreground. Brilliant work.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Kathyk said...

Another fabby card from you - I'm sure I've got some of that pink starry paper - now where did I put it?!

Kathyk

Emma said...

A gorgeous card, beautiful...
Hugs Emma x
www.craftyemmasstore.co.uk

kaylou said...

Hi Karen
I love this I think I will be needing all these new images... it's fab hun.
Hugs Kaylou xoxo

Rosalien Zwackhalen said...

Just love it, the colours and the scene and the sparkling on your card. This would be a great card for a little girl. :))

Hugs Rosalien

Cec said...

What a great card for a little girl. I know my granddaughter would love it, especially since it is a princess and it is pink. Fabulous colouring and great dimension.
Hugs!
Cec

Unknown said...

Karen, this is so sweet! I love your soft colors and layering.
hugs,
Gini

Wendy Hall said...

Just awesome Karen, luv it all from the background, dimension, glitter. Wonderful job!!

Rachel said...

Beautiful card!! love how you put this card together and especially all the sparkle.
hugs,
Rachel

Lisa said...

wow great job, I love it!!!

Anita said...

I love how you created a stunning scene.