My Lovely Followers

Sunday 14 August 2016

Out of This World!

I've been playing with inks this weekend, and love this Galaxy effect.  I used Distress Inks in Seedless Preserve, Mermaid Lagoon, Peacock Feathers, Chipped Sapphire and Black Soot.  Once all the inking was done, I splashed water, which has a little bit of mica powder added, over it all which left a nice subtle shimmer.  Then I watered down a tiny bit of white Gesso and splattered if all over.  I then stamped the images and heat embossed them, stamps by Sheena Douglass, the lettering was heat embossed with stamps from Urban Stamps.

More Christmas Cards

I took inspiration from Heather Telford for this card.  I started by blending Distress Inks for the background (Evergreen Bough, Tumbled Glass, Chipped Sapphire).  Then I heat embossed the image with white embossing powder.  I stamped the trees with Chipped Sapphire DI, then heat embossed the sentiment.  To finish off I watered down a tiny bit of white gesso, and flicked it over the card to give the impression of falling snow.
The image stamp is by Honey Doo Crafts, Trees  -Penny Black and the sentiment Just Rite stamps.

 These 2 cards were made using a die by Sue Wilson, Aurora Star, using just the inner part of the 2 die set.  The sentiment in the top card is a stamp by Urban Stamps and the bottom one's sentiment is by Just Rite stamps.
I used the Holly Striplet die by Sue Wilson for this one, just using the inner die 3 times.  I used Cosmic Twinkle for the berries, the sentiment again by Just Rite which I stamped onto card cut with Sue Wilson's Pierced Flags die.

Monday 8 August 2016

Latest Art Journal Pages

 I created the background for this one with a brayer and acrylic paint in a couple of shades of blue.  I used stencils by Andy Skinner.  The skull and flowers are by Sheena Douglass, and the stamping round the edge is by Ryn.
 I am entering this one into the present challenge on That's Crafty where the theme is 'Zesty Zing'. The background for this one was created with baby wipes that I'd used to mop up inks and paints.  I thought it looked pretty, so let it dry out and just tore it up and stuck it down.  Then I went over that with a stencil I made from a die and added a bit of stamping in black.  The wording is a stamp that was a freebie a while ago, it's all one stamp, I just cut it up after stamping.  The main image is a stamp by Julie Nutting, coloured with Distress Inks on a separate piece of card and attached with mod podge. The bubbles are just cut circles on a spare piece of card, coloured with Gelatos and cut out.
 I got the idea for this one from Pinterest.  I've had the post card stamps for years and never known what to do with it..... so when I saw one similar on Pinterest, I just had to give it a go.  The background was done with Distress Inks, I stamped and masked the postcards, the sentiment was generated on the computer.
The background was made with my fingers and acrylic paint.  I used texture paste through a stencil for the tree and coloured it with Distress Inks when it was dry.  I used a couple of tops dipped into white acrylic pain for the circles, the bubbles are a stamp, can't remember who by, and the butterflies are die cuts coloured with Distress Inks.  The working was done with Dyan Reaveley stamps.

Lavinia Stamps - No Black (28th August)

This months challenge over on Lavia Stamps is 'No Black', now I always do silhouettes with black, so this was a nice change for me, I used brown to stamp my main images and purple, green and blue for the others.  I used Distress Inks to colour the background and finished of with some glitter, more than I would usually use..... lol.