My Lovely Followers

Monday 25 January 2016

That's Crafty - ATC's

The challenge over on That's Crafty is 'ATC's'.  I used to make loads of these for swaps, years ago and not made one for such a long time.  So here's what I came up with.
For the first one, I blended just one Distress Ink, Abandoned Coral and gave it the 'Ombre' look.  Then first I stamped the lantern in Black Versafine, stamps from Lavinia Stamps, then stamped over this with Versamark and heat embossed with white embossing powder.  I've seen a similar technique done by Eileen Godwin, but she used a stencil and texture paste for the white image.
For the second one, I blended two Distress Inks, Tumbled Glass and Dusty Concord, stamped the skyline with black Versafine, the stars and heart were stamped with the Dusty Concord.  Once the inks were dry, I highlighted parts with a white pen and added 'New York'.  All stamps used are from a Tim Holtz set called City Central.  I just love New York, so if I get the chance I do something New York themed..... lol.
For the third ATC, I used stamps from Altenew, Peony Bouquet, stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with white embossing powder.  I used Distress Inks to add colour, Abandoned Coral and Peeled Paint.  I didn't realise till I'd finished this one, I'd used the same colour as the first one..... lol.
Thanks for looking.
xx

No comments: