My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 13 July 2016

Sheena Douglass Canvass

I made this canvass for the 2nd stage of a DT appplication, which unfortunately I didn't get because I work for a well known craft company.
 I started off by using a script stamp and stamped it a few times onto tissue paper, which I then ripped up and stuck randomly over the blank canvass,  I added some texture paste through a stencil for the corner,  then I added a coat of Gesso.  I made a couple of ink sprays using 2 colours of Aquatints and water and added it till I was happy with the colour.  The butterfly, dragonflies and flowers were all stamped and coloured with the same 2 colour Aquatints, but I used them as water colours.  The pictures really don't do the colours justice....lol
And here's some close ups.


All stamps and the stencil are by Sheena Douglass.
Thanks for looking xx

No comments: