My Lovely Followers

Sunday 13 November 2016

Let It Snow with Lavinia Stamps

Novembers challenge over on Lavinia Stamps is Let It Snow.  Well usually that wouldn't be hard to do would it, but I don't have many of Lavinia's Christmas stamps, and the ones I do have don't include snow.....  Anyway, as any crafter will do, I improvised with white embossing powder.
I started by making the hills with a torn strip of paper as a mask and Tumbled Glass Distress Ink and blended it with a shaving brush, I wanted the hills to be very subtle.  Then I added the same colour to the sky, I then used Dusty Concord DI to add the purple, taking it into the blue of the sky a little too.  All the black stamping was done with Versafine. Then I stamped with Versamark and white embossing glitter by WOW and gave it a blast with the heat gun.  I used a Versamark pen to add the snow to the castle, tree and holly leaves and heat embossed with the same white embossing glitter.  I used Glamour dust for the fairy's wings, though it's not showing up on the picture.  Lastly I sponged the Distressed Condord DI around the edges to frame it all.
Thanks for looking xx

No comments: