My Lovely Followers

Sunday 22 March 2015

First Steps into Art Journaling......

I've always said I don't see the point of journaling........ now I'm dabbling in it....... never say never eh!


I started of just testing some paint dabbers I bought recently, oh it's so much fun making splats with them...... lol.  So then I carried on and added more with ink splat stamps and finished of with a bit of random stamping with a Tim Holtz stamps.  I printed the wording of and cut it up.

NEW YORK, NEW YORK

I'm so in love with this place after spending our 30th wedding anniversary there, back in September, and I'm not a city person!  Now I can't wait to go back.......


I cut Lady Liberty, the skyline and the I♥NY shapes on my Cameo, which I then painted with acrylic paints. I made my own texture paste (pva glue and talc) and added it through a stencil.  I then added red and blue ink sprays, stamped randomly.  

Individual looks of each page.



Am I getting the hang of art journaling or what.  Seems a bit like scrapbooking to me..... lol.

6 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous pages Ginny x

catherine said...

Wow fabulous pages Karen and there will be no stopping you now you have bitten the bug!!! Looking forward to seeing more from you and there are no rules so you definately have got the hang of it!!!
x catherine

Kathyk said...

Welcome to the world of journaling. First attempts? FABULOUS - hope you will keep it up now

Kathyk

Lauren Hatwell said...

LOL - another one bites the dust eh :oD. Your journalling is fabby! Looking forward to see it developing. I LOVE it... Lx

Judy said...

These turned out awesome Karen. WTG you! I stopped by your lovely store. You got all kinds a goodies gf.

xx

Sarn said...

FABULOUS art journaling. LOVE playing in my various journals . .. hope you continue to have enjoy many happy hours getting inky with yours!

Hugs, Sarn xxx