My Lovely Followers

Monday 26 April 2010

Die Cut Dreams #45

It's Monday, so that means it's time for another challenge over on Die Cut Dreams. This weeks challenge is 'Make Your Own Flowers'.
I love making my own flowers as you can match them perfectly with your project. I've put together a simple tutorial on how I make some of my flowers. I came across a tutorial on Micheles blog quite a while ago and found she also makes them in a simlar way.
I've been making sugar flowers for wedding cakes for a number of years and it seemed only natural to make them in paper too, afterall, they're made in much the same way.
Here's my card. (second attempt....lol)The peach coloured flowers are actually pink! but they've turned out peachy on the photo. I used ProMarkers to colour them and a sizzix die for the petals and a punch for the greenery. I ran the backing card though the Big Shot using a Cuttlebug embossing folder and some ink for a bit of distressing round the edge. The sentiment is a stamp and it's cut with one of the Fancy Tags dies from Spellbinder.
Why not pop over and show us your handmade flowers.

10 comments:

PinksyDoodles said...

This is so pretty Karen. Your flowers are stunning!
Clare x

Susie Sugar said...

Great card Kaern and thanks for doing the fab Tutorial over at DCD this week
Hugs Susie xx

Unknown said...

OMG Karen your card is awesome and so pretty and so elegant. Thanks for the tutorial too, I had a look.. don't think I could ever get the same result, they're gorgeous. Hugs xxx

WeirdCat said...

They are so pretty
Ruth x

Angela Toucan said...

beautiful flowers

thank you for visiting my blog this morning

lisa said...

gorgeous karen....may need a private lesson lol xxx

Kathyk said...

Just lovely Karen, really special.

Kathyk

lbwright22-loopylou said...

I love your flowers Karen and a big thankyou for doing the tutorial on DCD this week. I'll have a go at making my own in the next week or so- they won't be as good as yours though!

Jessica Theodore said...

Love your flowers Karen, thanks for the tut I'll have to try it out sometime!

KraftyKoolKat said...

Gorgeous Karen. The flowers are to die for. Cathy xxxx