My Lovely Followers

Saturday 24 April 2010

Let's Get Stamping on Craftbubble

This week we've got our ex-DT member Katie as our host, we thought it would be a nice surprise for the rest of the girls on the forum, as we don't see much of Katie now, as she's busy with other things. She provided us with a lovely sketch and a little twist of butterflies. Well I don't mind butterflies on card, but I'm terrified of them in real life, along with birds!
Here's my card.I got this stamp in a set from The Stamp Man a few weeks ago at a craft fayre, and I've never had time to use it, so this is it's first outing.I heat embossed the image with black sparkle and didn't think it needed any colour, so I stuck to the monochrome theme. I do intend playing with this image with colour though, sometime....
The flowers, which I think look a bit lost...... lol were cut with 2 sizes of the retro flower punch. The backing papers are from Pink Petticoat.
I think this card has a 60's retro feel to it, well I am a child of the 60's...... lol

4 comments:

Debs M said...

stunning card Karen, love the monochrome x

Sharon Noble said...

Your card is brilliant Karen i lovec the beautiful stamp you used.
so pretty being in black and white too.

Have a wonderful Evening.
Sharon

Craftyrose said...

It is a stunning card Karen and I lurve it loads. xx

Kathyk said...

It's just gorgeous Karen - that stamp was born to be monochrome and don't you just love Black Sparkle EP? Wouldn't change a thing treasure.
Kathyk