My Lovely Followers

Saturday 12 September 2020

Woodland Garden Leaves

Another project using dies from the new collection Autumn Flora by Susan Tierney Cockburn.

This set of woodland leaves is just fab!  As soon as I saw them I knew just what I wanted to do with them.  First I made the frame, using a die from Tonic, then cut lots and lots of leaves and of course picked out a selection of Distress Inks for colouring them all.  I used Distress Inks in the colours Barn Door, Vintage Photo, Rusty Hinge, Shabby Shutters, Fossilised Amber and Aged Mahogany, then I got busy blending a mix of colours on all of the leaves.  


Once coloured I added the veins, using the leaf tool from Susans tool kit and shaped them using the tweezers from the same kit.  I used crystal drop on the berry branches, which are in the Foliage die set.
I printed the sentiment from the computer and cut it using a circle die.  Next I arranged the leaves around the die cut circle till I was happy, then went back and glued them down.

Die set used:
Woodland Leaves
Foliage & Ladybirds



1 comment:

Quinty girl said...

Beautiful the leaves look so real.